Few objects are as straight-forward as a beach towel, but just because the object's name tells you where to use it doesn't mean that you have to listen. Beach towels are designed for use by the water and are certainly useful there whether you're drying off from a swim or if you're part of the 53% of beachgoers who prefer to sunbathe. However, if you're not near water much yet have some imprinted beach towels from a work event or family reunion lying around, here are some inventive ways to use them that don't involve sand and water.
- Picnic Blanket. When you have sunny, grass parks around you, pack up that stray beach towel and bring a basket of goodies for an afternoon picnic. Beach towels tend to be large, so there should be plenty of room for you and a few friends to enjoy the outdoors. They're also a bit thicker and sturdier than your standard picnic blanket or improvised sheet. The best part is that if something spills, imprinted beach towels are very easy to clean.
- Car Seat Covers. Car interiors can get very dirty very quickly, but throwing a beach towel over the seats will keep them in perfect condition. Whether you're tracking dirt and mud into the car or you want your pets to ride along but don't want their hair getting embedded into the seats, beach towels make for a decorative and easily-cleaned seat cover.
- Table Decorations. Don't spend money on fancy tablecloths that are good for one or two uses. Instead, use a few beach towels to cover the tables for your next party. If you have personalized or embroidered beach towels, they'll add an engaging piece of decor to your event. For summer parties, using beach towels will give it the perfect vibe.
- Living Room Or Bedroom Decor. When you have beach towels with eye-catching designs, they can make the perfect accent "blanket" on the end of a bed or the top of a couch. You can also use them to protect the quality of your bedding or couch against dirt, debris, and pet dander. If you have a pool that the kids are constantly in and out of, throwing a beach towel over the couch create the perfect catch for their water droplets.
- Makeshift Fort. Have some indoor or outdoor fun by making a fort. Imprinted beach towels make the perfect cover, as they are very large and very sturdy. Find some chairs to serve as stabilizing poles, and let your inner architect out by constructing a fort.
Think outside of the box and re-imagine what your beach towel can do. There are no limits when it comes to fun and creativity, just remember that if you're actually using the towel for drying purposes, use the side comprised of loops, and lounge on the softer side.